During ejaculation, a vasectomy prevents the release of sperm. This procedure makes it impossible to father children, but it will not affect sexual performance in any way or affect the ability to enjoy sex. If you have decided not to have any more children and are concerned about your fertility, this permanent form of birth control is one of the safest options available. Vasectomy Brooklyn, New York is the best place to get this procedure done. The doctor is extremely skilled and will give you all of the information you need. If you are worried about how much it will cost, don’t be!
In this article, we’ll look at what a man’s journey through vasectomy may be like from scheduling an appointment with his doctor to recovery and beyond.
Procedure of Vasectomy
The procedure involves cutting the vas deferens, the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles to the urethra. The surgery can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic, and usually takes less than 30 minutes. During the procedure, your scrotum will be numbed with local anesthesia. One cut will be made on each side of the scrotum (called an incision). For this reason, it’s also called a no-scalpel technique.
How Did You Prepare Yourself Before the Operation Takes Place?
- You’ll want to stay away from any activities that will put pressure on your testicles, such as lifting heavy objects, and you should refrain from any sexual activity.
- Take it easy in the days leading up to the operation so that you don’t get an erection, which can cause the sperm to be reabsorbed into the body.
- It’s also recommended that you take over-the-counter pain relievers before the procedure for mild discomfort after.
- After surgery, be sure to ask about proper care for your scrotum and stitches.
- Finally, when thinking about what to wear post-surgery, you might consider wearing loose underwear and pants that won’t irritate your healing wound or constrict the flow of blood.
In conclusion, The majority of patients say that their vasectomy was worth it, and they would recommend it to anyone considering it. It was not difficult or complicated and it didn’t take me long to recover from the procedure. Hope you like this blog post! I hope that you found my blog helpful in giving you an idea of what to expect when getting a vasectomy.